1. Elon Musk Is The Face, But He Didn’t Create Tesla MotorsShocking, but very true. Tesla was founded by engineers and investors Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. Elon Musk did join soon after though, and has been through most of the company’s evolution.
2. The Name Has MeaningThe name is homage to another designer and engineer who created the induction motor and AC - Nikola Tesla. Rumour has it that Eberhard came up with it whilst on a date with his wife at Disneyland!
3. Elon Musk Took Tesla To Over $1 BillionElon Musk may not have founded Tesla, but he’s renowned for being the second man in Silicon Valley to take 3 companies to over $1 billion. Tesla is of course one of them.
4. It’s Changing SportscarsSports Cars have been dominated by high power engines and copious amounts of fuel in the past, but Tesla could change that. Their Model S can go from 0 to 60 miles in less than 2 seconds - crazy!
5. They Might Not Be As Eco Friendly As We ThinkYes, they’re probably better than petrol of diesel cars, but electric cars come with their own challenges. Lithium being one of them. Materials found in batteries can pollute the environment when they’re being mined, but that’s not the bad part. If we all drove electric cars there would be a mineral crisis due to the minerals needed to create car batteries at present.
6. Tesla Borrowed From The GovernmentYes - who knew that the US government lent Tesla millions of dollars?! $465 million to be exact. The most interesting part of this fact is that Tesla paid it back within 9 years - nice!
7. You Can Charge For FreeThis is probably one of the most attractive parts of owning a Tesla - the fact that the cost of charging is incorporated into the price. That means you won’t have to pay for fuel costs, and now Tesla have dominated the globe over, there are thousands of superchargers all around the world.
8. They Are Very Safe CarsIn terms of safety, Tesla do well. They are constantly scoring high marks in safety rating and the Tesla S even broke the record for the best safety rating ever achieved for any car - you can’t argue with that!
9. They Only Take 30 Minutes To ChargeTesla’s can go for miles without needing to charge - in fact, half an hour of charging at a power bank will give you 170 miles on average. Some Teslas have done double and even triple that figure though.
10. Driverless TechnologyTesla might just innovate the whole of the automotive industry and introduce driverless technology to the mainstream. They are working on it at the moment, and whilst it fully works and looks great, a driverless car hasn’t graced the market yet due to safety issues.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
If your colour was not listed in our database that's quite normal. In fact 22% of our customers when ordering have to manually add their vehicle details at this stage, so you're not alone.
Fill out as much information as you can, and remember, we offer our 100% colour match guarantee on every kit regardless.
FREE Hand Sanitiser included with Large Kit
Simply add a 50ml Hand Sanitiser to your basket