1. Clean the car upTo make it easy to see whether there’s damage you need to make sure your car is clean. Sometimes, as with all scratches, they can be wiped off quite easily without the need to have a paint repair. Use a quality shampoo to make sure that you have got any excess dirt off before painting the chip.
2. Choose your paintBefore going full steam ahead, be sure to use a quality touch up paint that is an exact match to your car. Many paint companies won’t have exact matches, so be sure to find your car’s perfect match before you can find your colour code easily by using our colour code location guide or getting it from your manufacturer. We can help you with this to ensure that you get the right product for your car.
3. Apply the paintApply the paint onto the damaged area with a Chipex paint applicator brush and then smear the paint across the chipped area with your thumb whilst using gloves to protect your hands. Then leave to dry for between 40 seconds to 5 minutes.
4. Apply blending solutionOnce the paint is touch dry, apply a small quantity of blending solution to a cloth and use light pressure to run the cloth across your car and remove the excess paint. Leave this to dry for 5 minutes until you are ready to polish the chip up until it looks brand new.
5. PolishApply finishing polish to a microfiber cloth to polish the paint chip. Once the polish has dried to an opaque haze gently remove with the Microfibre cloth. During winter paint grit chips can become an issue and it’s essential that you alter your driving to suit the winter conditions. Check out our blog on how to avoid chips and protect your car paint so that you can protect your car in any weather.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
If your colour was not listed in our database that's quite normal. In fact 22% of our customers when ordering have to manually add their vehicle details at this stage, so you're not alone.
Fill out as much information as you can, and remember, we offer our 100% colour match guarantee on every kit regardless.
FREE Hand Sanitiser included with Large Kit
Simply add a 50ml Hand Sanitiser to your basket