1. Should I polish and wax my car before or after applying touch-up paint?Wax and polish the car after painting. However, before applying touch up paint, you should wash your car using car-washing soap, water, and a soft cloth to clean the scratched area. This will help identify exactly where needs to be touched up and reduces the risk of getting dirt and grime in the new paint. Once you’ve given your car a good clean, be sure to thoroughly dry the area that is scratched. And remember, waxing and polishing your car should always wait until after the paint’s dried or you’ll risk smudging the paint. When painting:
- Figure out your car’s exact paint colour – you can do an online search for your car's make, model, colour and its "paint code.”
- Buy its matching touch-up paint colour.
- If necessary, apply a primer. Dab a dollop of primer onto the area if the scratch reaches metal. If it only scratches surface-level, then skip the primer.
2. Why should I polish and wax my car after applying touch-up paint?After applying the paint, and sanding the area down to keep it smooth, it’s time to wax and polish the car. Polishing and waxing the car will help the repainted area blend in with the rest of the bodywork and it will protect the repaired area from further damage. It’s nice to give your car this extra bit of TLC; and in doing so, you’re making an investment in the vehicle.
3. What are the top products for polishing and waxing my car?Now you know why you should wax and polish your car, here are some essential products to help you get that shining finish.
- The Chipex Super Concentrate Car Shampoo not only cleans your car’s bodywork, but protects it with the latest electrostatic technology. It is biodegradable, smells great and there’s no fear of smearing.
- If time is of the essence, the Chipex Miracle Detailer works extremely quickly to give your car a glossy surface protection against rain and re-soiling. All it takes is a spray-on application before wiping off with a microfiber cloth.
- No one likes a bug-bruised bumper. The Chipex Triple Action Bugs Away is different from conventional shampoos which struggle to remove these kind of marks. Its triple-action formula works swiftly to rehydrate insect remains and keep your car gleaming.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
If your colour was not listed in our database that's quite normal. In fact 22% of our customers when ordering have to manually add their vehicle details at this stage, so you're not alone.
Fill out as much information as you can, and remember, we offer our 100% colour match guarantee on every kit regardless.
FREE Hand Sanitiser included with Large Kit
Simply add a 50ml Hand Sanitiser to your basket