For most, our everyday lives consist of a dull commute to work on overloaded roads, crushed in with stressed, bored drivers who want to be anywhere but there. On a weekend, the we're lucky if we can escape the rat-run and take a blast down a country road or two, but even then we're always on the lookout for speed cameras or dawdling ancient Honda Jazz drivers. Like many, I love a bit of escapism, because if I can't do the real thing it does my mind good to at least see others that can, and it's also inspirational to be more adventurous, to see there's more to life than slow drives on a clogged road system. Hopefully, these motoring videos will make want to make you remortgage the house, buy something fast or cool to get away from the daily monotony, and do something exciting. Whether you love you cars or bikes, there's something for all here. In no particular order, I give you our 9 Hugely Exciting & Inspiring Motoring Videos...
1. Ken Block's Gymkhana Eight: Ultimate Exotic Playground; DubaiIf you haven't heard of the Ken Block Gymkhana videos by now, you may have been living in a cave. With no internet. Block - co-founder of DC Shoes, and founder of the Hoonigan Racing Division - and his Gymkhana series has been watched in the tens of millions now, and this latest one has blown up in the same way. His tool for the job? A completely mental 650 horsepower Ford Fiesta capable of 0 - 60 mph in 1.8 seconds (yes, you read that right). Sit back, turn up the volume, and enjoy. https://youtu.be/_hf6ke1-i3E
2. World's Fastest: 270.49 mph Hennessey Venom GTIf there's something I hate, it's seeing supercars driving about in London. What the flip is the point, really? Instead, here's a Hennessey Venom GT being used at 100% of its capability, and hitting a mind-warping 270 mph (435 km/h). Keep an eye on the speedometer at the bottom right of the screen. Incredible stuff! https://youtu.be/gWAavCjVQvM
3. #BATTLEDRIFT - Vaughn vs. Daigo5.46 minutes of beautiful filming, spectacular scenery, adrenaline-pumping noise, furious power and absolute skill as a 550 bhp Mustang goes head-to-head with a 650 bhp V12 Lamborghini as they drift around some tight Japanese road https://youtu.be/hepFlpCdTgU
4. DREAM RIDE 2: HAWAII...Hawaii: blue skies, an incredible landscape and... three motorcross riders. If anything was to make you want to run out and buy one of these chunky-tyre-type bikes, find a dirt track and pin the throttle, it's this video. Big air, sick tricks and lots of mud is where it's at here. https://youtu.be/ylpatLiXEro
5. Chris Harris on Cars - LaFerrari v Porsche 918 v McLaren P1 at PortimaoQuite admirably, Chris Harris (a great driver, motoring journo and now presenter of the new Top Gear TV show) managed to achieve what the boys of the old Top Gear programme failed to, before it imploded spectacularly. Getting Ferrari, Porsche and McLaren to agree to loan their cars in a head-to-head was nothing short of miraculous. Thankfully, they did, and in one of the most exciting and interesting hypercar videos of 2015 - and with Harris, Tiff Needell and Marino Franchitti driving - we were shown exactly what they could do, and which was best. Enjoy the ride, because it's a fast one! https://youtu.be/q3YPTkBRaOk
6. World's Greatest Drag Race 5!A hot subject amongst fans of fast cars is always how quick they'll go. 0 - 60 isn't really that important - especially on high performance cars - as it's all about how they accelerate once the throttle is pinned and they pass normal legal speeds. In an immensely entertaining video, these guys show a drag race between a Mercedes AMG GT S, Bentley Continental GT3-R, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Cadillac ATS-V, Volkswagen Golf R, Porsche Cayman GT4, Mazda MX-5 Miata, Mercedes-AMG C63 S, Lexus RC F and Cadillac CTS-V. Take your pick guys! https://youtu.be/WjLJ6i8iYJc
7. Full Throttle - Isle of Man TT raceThe Isle of Man TT race is the most dangerous motorbike road-race on the planet. This short documentary shows just how fast the riders take the narrow tarmac course, on bends which are lined with stone walls, big kerbs and houses built to last hundreds of years - solid stuff that usually kills if you hit it. This video is guaranteed to make your palms sweaty and your face pinch into a 'he's gonna crash' expression for every minute of this incredible short-but-sweet film. Hold on, because the speeds these guys reach on such a narrow course will make your head spin... https://youtu.be/D09yD0MN4Vg
8. Taking on Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in an 800 bhp Porsche 911 GT3The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is a mountain course in the USA, consisting of 12.42 miles of stunningly-beautiful scenery, winding tarmac and sheers drops. Watch with bated breath - and an open jaw - as a racer takes his 800 horsepower Porsche 911 GT3 Turbo Cup and tries to achieve a sub-10 minute time. If you love a massive turbo whoosh and hiss, this is the video for you. Turn the volume up loud for this one! https://youtu.be/KQFXgjOWX-8
9. Polaris ProStar Takes on Insane Off-Road CoursePolaris make the type of off-road vehicle that brings out the kid in all of us. Take one Polaris, modify it heavily, add a pro driver and an off-road course we wish we all had for personal use, and you've got around 5 minutes of truly awesome film to watch. https://youtu.be/jxTvMaJBT3c Written by Chris Davies - an award-winning motoring journalist writing for CarProductsTested.com Gymkhana Eight photo credit: Hoonigan Racing Division’s Ron Zaras
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
If your colour was not listed in our database that's quite normal. In fact 22% of our customers when ordering have to manually add their vehicle details at this stage, so you're not alone.
Fill out as much information as you can, and remember, we offer our 100% colour match guarantee on every kit regardless.